Super Fun 21
The game of Super Fun 21 is a variation of blackjack that is played by very liberal rules. There are a lot of ways to win, which accounts for the game's name because, as most blackjack players know, winning is always "super fun!"
Super Fun 21 is played by standard blackjack rules, with several more specific rules, payouts and changes. When the game begins, players place bets. Then, the dealer gives each player two cards, taking two for himself as well and placing one face down. Based on these cards, players must make a decision to stand, hit, double down, split or surrender. When players are finished completing their hands the dealer reveals his own hand. Winners are paid and losers lose their bet.
- Super Fun 21 is played with 1, 2 or 6 decks of cards. You should always check how many decks are being used before playing because basic strategy varies based on how many decks are in play.
- The dealer usually hits on "soft 17". However, you should also double check before playing as some casinos play by a rule in which the dealer stands on "soft 17".
- Players are allowed to double down after splitting.
- Players are allowed to re-split all paired hands (including Aces) up to four hands.
- Players are allowed to hit and double down on split Aces.
- Players are allowed to double down on any 2-card hand.
- Players are allowed to take a late surrender on any hand.
- Players may take advantage of "Double Down Rescue"-surrendering half of their total bet after doubling down.
- Ordinary blackjack pays even money.
- A blackjack in diamonds pays 2:1.
- Players who earn a hand worth a value of 20 or less and made up of 6 or more cards automatically win.
- Players who earn a hand worth 21 made up of 5 cards or more earn a payout of 2:1.
- A player blackjack always beats a dealer blackjack.
As you can see, players can take a lot of liberties in the game of Super Fun 21, which is what makes it such a fun game. However, the fact that the number of decks and some of the rules vary from casino to casino mean that players need to be familiar with a variety of different basic strategy charts.
More strategy guides for the game of Super Fun 21 can be found at http://wizardofodds.com/superfun21.
For card counters, Super Fun 21 will add a new edge to the game as players will want to raise their bets when the count is high as well as when it's low. When there are a lot of low cards in the deck the player has a good chance of scoring with a 21-point hand made up of 5 or more cards. On the other hand, when there are a lot of high cards the player has a good chance of getting blackjack! Additionally, it is important to note that players should take advantage of the "Double Down Rescue", surrendering after doubling down, when they hold hands valued from 12 through 16 and the dealer holds and 8 through an Ace or when the player has a hand worth 17 and the dealer has an Ace.